Circular No: WSH/049/04/ZW
18 Apr 2017
1. The Singapore Contractors Association Ltd (SCAL) strongly urges construction firms to place safety as their top priority. Concerted and urgent actions are needed by all industry stakeholders to improve workplace safety and health in the construction sector.
2. SCAL is launching the annual Construction Safety Promotion Campaign in the month of June 2017. As part of this campaign, we urge top management to organise a series of safety awareness activities at their project worksites where CEOs will be personally involved. This is to send a strong message that construction safety starts with the top leadership of the company and not just driven by Safety Officers. The campaign aims to reach out all employees particularly site supervisors and workers. The activities could include safety talks, educational videos, display of educational banners/slogans and sharing by safety champions.
3. We seek your commitment to safety and participation in the Construction Safety Promotion Campaign. Kindly return the attached reply form to indicate your schedule of activities to be carried out during the month. We will appreciate your inputs by 19 May 2017, Friday.
4. As part of the campaign SCAL will be organising a Construction Safety, Health and Security Seminar to be held on 6 June 2017, Tuesday at the Employment and Employability Institute (e2i). The event will be officiated by Guest-of-Honour Mr Sam Tan, Minister of State, Prime Minister’s Office and Ministry of Manpower. Details of the seminar are as follows:
Date: 6 June 2017, Tuesday
Time: 9.00 am to 12.30 pm
Venue: Employment and Employability Institute (e2i)
80 Jurong East St 21
Members are encouraged to attend the event where they will be updated on the latest developments in safety management systems and worksite safety practices. To register, please fill in the attached form and return it to us by 19 May 2017, Friday.
5. As industry stakeholders, we are responsible in ensuring that all personnel place workplace safety and health as the top priority at all times at all their project sites. We look forward to your active involvement and participation in promoting safety at workplaces.
6. For enquiries, kindly contact Mr. Huang Zhiwei at Tel: 6278 9577; Direct Line: 6661 9380 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Thank you for your co-operation.