Circular No.: WSH/145/10/JT
26 October 2018
CALL TO CONDUCT SCAL SAFETY TIME-OUT FOR LIFTING OPERATIONS
- SCAL would like to call upon members to conduct a Safety Time-Out for Crane and Lifting Operations at their project sites during the week of 1 November 2018 to 30 November 2018.
- For this safety time-out exercise, members should take time off from their routine operations to inspect and review various items, processes, and practices pertaining to the use of lifting equipment. Please find the attached checklists on Mobile Crane, Lisfting Plan, Tower Crane and pictogram which members can use as a guide in areas such as reviewing machinery requirements, conducting visual safety checks, or inspection for equipment to be properly certified.
- We encourage all members to participate in this Safety Time-Out exercise to serve as a reminder of essential and best practices for safe use of mobile and tower cranes. Please complete the online form here latest by 30 November 2018 on your commitment for the exercise.
- If you company has conducted, or is planning to conduct such a safety time-out one month before or after November respectively, please also submit the form to be considered as having participated in this exercise.
- As industry stakeholders, we have a responsibility to place workplace safety and health as our top priority. Therefore, your participation is of utmost importance. We thank you very much for your support and your participation is greatly appreciated.