Our Ref: WSH/033/03/eh
11 March 2019
Call to conduct Traffic Management Safety Time-out Exercise (11 March 2019 – 30 April 2019)
- The Singapore Contractors Association (SCAL) would like to call upon members to conduct their safety time-out on traffic management at their project sites from now till 30 April 2019. The aim of this exercise is to encourage members to identify potential traffic safety lapses and provide advice to rectify them timely.
- This call for time-out, initially scheduled for April 2019, has been brought forward in view of recent spate of construction-related incidences and fatalities. Companies should also take the opportunity to review all aspects of construction safety and risk assessment at their worksites.
- To guide industry in implementing the traffic time-out, the Workplace Safety and Health Council (WSHC) developed a checklist which has been attached for your reference. This exercise could cover key areas such as securing of goods, onsite traffic management and safe driving on roads.
- We strongly encourage all members to participate in this time-out exercise to show your commitment towards keeping traffic at worksites safe.
- Kindly complete the attached form or the online form by clicking (ctrl-C) here to participate latest by 30 April 2019. Members who have carried out or are planning to conduct their traffic time-out exercises one month prior and after this period are also welcome to submit their participation.
- For further enquiries, kindly contact Ms Esther Heng at 62789577 or email email@example.com. We look forward to your active participation and thank you for your commitment.