Circular No: WSH/126/10/JT
12 Oct 2017
PREVENT FLOODING DURING UPCOMING NORTH-EAST (NE) MONSOON DUE TO CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES - DRAINAGE INSPECTION REPORT
With the upcoming NE monsoon expected to bring more rainy days and heavy rain, the Public Utilities Board (PUB) has written to all developers and contractors seeking cooperation to prevent flooding and to submit a drainage inspection report covering the following:
- Site plans showing all public drains in and within the vicinity of your construction site. Indicate the drainage works, if any, clearly on the plan.
- Photos to show that the drains and drainage inlets/outlets are free from obstruction and constriction. Indicate clearly in the photos.
- Name and contact details of project manager or QP who supervised the inspection.
The letter and a checklist from PUB are attached for your reference.
- You are required to return your drain inspection report within two weeks of receipt of their letter, preferably via soft copy to email@example.com.
- Please note PUB’s caution that they will also carry out enforcement check on selected construction sites, in particular on those sites that have yet to submit the report after the deadline.
- Notwithstanding the above, PUB would like to remind that checks to ensure free-flowing public drainage system be conducted regularly on the public drains within and in the vicinity of your construction sites.
5. If you have any queries, please contact PUB directly: Mr. Goh Hearn (DID: 67313419) or Mr. Fu Jian(DID: 67313454).