Mr Sam Tan, Minister of State for the Ministry of Manpower & Member of Parliament for Radin Mas,
Ladies & Gentlemen,
1. Welcome to this year’s Lunar New Year Celebration! It is my pleasure to join the residents of Radin Mas to usher in the year of the Dog.
2. I would like to express my gratitude to Minister Sam Tan for taking the time to grace this celebration in the midst of his busy schedule.
3. This is our third year collaborating with the Radin Mas Constituency to organise a Lunar New Year celebration for the elderly. I am heartened to see many generous donors who have been constantly contributing regularly to the CCC CDWF funds to make a difference in the lives of these residents. SCAL shares the same philanthropic spirit as we galvanise our members towards a common goal of building an inclusive society in Singapore.
4. Every New Year, each of us look forward to new achievements. But even as we set our hearts and minds on achieving our goals, we should also be mindful of the less fortunate in need.
5. This year, SCAL’s CSR Subcommittee will continue with our active programme to provide the platform for our member firms in giving back to society. These activities include today’s Lunar New Year celebration for the elderly, our annual Blood Donation Drive, SCAL’s Clean-A-Home Programme, our Annual Charity Golf Tournament to raise funds for the less privileged, improving facilities and infrastructure at the Singapore Association of the Visually Handicapped (SAVH) in collaboration with BCA, and the Home Improvement Works for NKF Elderly Renal Patients.
6. For the first time, SCAL will also be organising a Foreign Workers Carnival on 29 April, in conjunction with Labour Day, to show our appreciation to these workers for their contributions towards the construction sector.
7. Before I close, I would like to give my heartfelt gratitude to all the volunteers from the Radin Mas Constituency, SCAL and her subsidiaries in making this celebratory event a success.
8. I wish everyone good health, happiness and a prosperous Lunar New Year.! 祝大家，身体健康， 万事如意！（Zhù dà jiā shēn tǐ jiàn kāng wàn shì rú yì）
9. Thank you!