Circular No: WSH/130/06/WH
4 June 2020
Resuming Applications for WSH Awards 2020
With the gradual easing of Circuit Breaker measures from 2 June 2020, businesses will be allowed to resume activities in phases.
In line with resumption of the national WSH Awards, SCAL will resume the call for applications for the SCAL WSH Awards for Supervisor 2020 and WSH Innovation Awards 2020.
The WSH Awards for Supervisor serves to acknowledge valuable contributions of exemplary supervisors in cultivating safe and healthy workplaces in Singapore. It gives recognition to supervisors who take care of workers under their charge by improving the safety and health performance in their workplaces.
The WSH Innovation Awards aims to inspire companies to share and exchange their innovative projects completed in 2019 that have resulted in improvements in the safety and health performance in their workplaces.
Companies are invited to nominate their supervisor(s) or project(s) which meet the eligibility criteria for the Awards.
Criteria for WSH Awards for Supervisor
- Supervisors eligible for the Awards must be in charge of at least 5 workers.
- All of the workers supervised did not have an accident in the year 2019 and 2020 (till time of Award).
- Worked at least 2 years in the organisation as a supervisor
- Attended at least one WSH course at the supervisor level.
- Active in WSH programmes / committees / Innovation Teams
- Preferably, winner of the organisation’s WSH recognition programme for supervisors
- Any other evidence of the applicant’s ability and commitment to the safety and health of supervised workers.
Criteria for WSH Innovation Awards
- Project led by teams comprising employees.
- Innovative WSH solutions and practices for hazards such as chemicals, noise, work at height, ergonomics etc.
- Applicants must submit effective Risk Control Measures which do not create or lead to new risks that are not well managed.
- Applicants who can show a solution that eliminate the risks and can potentially be translated industry-wide will gain more points
- Resulted in significant improvement in WSH.
- The control solution must have been implemented for at least six months. No reportable solution-related accident/incident in the workplace following implementation of the control solution
- No stop work order, remedial order, composition fine or prosecution for control solution related contraventions in the preceding one year at the time of application.
- Control solutions may be in the form of engineering measures, practices or implementation of safety systems that eliminate or effectively control the hazard and/or significantly reduce the risk.
- The control solution should not introduce new hazards into the workplace. The solution should not also infringe any copyright and/or patent law.
Applications should be submitted using the forms attached (WSH Awards for Supervisor) (WSH Innovation Awards), and returned by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or hard copies to SCAL at the address given below latest by 30 June 2020.
The Singapore Contractors Association Ltd
Construction House, 1 Bukit Merah Lane 2
Monday – Friday, 9am- 6pm
For further clarification, please contact us via email: email@example.com.
We look forward to your active participation.