Circular No: WSH/054/05/ZW
9 May 2017
- SCAL would like to call upon all our members to conduct a safety time-out for a “Mozzie Wipe-out” exercise at their project sites from 9 May (Tue) to 2 June 2017 (Fri).
- The safety time-out exercise should consist of identifying and destroying mosquito breeding habitats at project sites. Potential mosquito breeding habitats include water ponding, water receptacles, plastic/canvas sheets, discarded containers, open drains, etc.
- Kindly return the attached form on your commitment for the “Mozzie Wipe-out” exercise to be conducted from 9 May 2017 (Tue) to 2 June 2017 (Fri) by indicating your schedule of the “Mozzie Wipe-out” exercise in the attached Participation form.
- We would like to remind members of the need to always practice good housekeeping and vector control at their sites.
- Members may carry out intensive source reduction and housekeeping using the attached checklist (adopted from NEA’s Guidebook on Prevention of Mosquito Breeding).