Circular No.: WSH/009/01/eh
28 January 2019
SCAL Safety Time-out Campaign for Work at Height (February 2019)
- Working at height incidents have been a main concern over the years, with falls from height being one of the major causes for workplace fatalities in 2018. It is crucial that construction firms take measures to ensure that WAH operations are performed safely at all times.
- SCAL would like to call upon members to conduct their safety time-out exercise on work at height at their project sites from now till 28 February 2019. The exercise should take stock and review all WAH activities to ensure safe operations.
- It should include, but not limited to areas such as:
- Fall Prevention Plan (FPP)
- Permit-to-work (PTW)
- Edge protection
- Fall protection
- To guide industry in implementing the Safety Time-out, the WSH Council has developed a checklist which has been attached for your reference. We strongly urge members to participate in this Safety Time-out Campaign. Kindly complete the online form here latest by 28 February 2019 on your commitment for the exercise indicating your schedule.
- Members who have conducted or are planning their safety time-out exercises one month prior or after February are also welcome to submit their participation.
- As industry stakeholders, we are responsible to ensure that all personnel place workplace safety and health as their top priority at all times at their project sites. During the Safety Time-out exercise, we strongly encourage top management to conduct site walks with the project and safety teams to go through the checklist. Should you have any enquiries, please contact Ms Esther Heng at email@example.com or call 6278 9577.
- We look forward to your active participation.