Mr Sam Tan, Minister of State for the Ministry of Manpower & Member of Parliament for Radin Mas Distinguished Guests Council Members, Residents, Ladies & Gentlemen,
1. Welcome to this year’s Lunar New Year Celebration! One year has gone very quickly and I am delighted see so many of you here tonight to join us in ushering the New Year of the Rooster.
2. SCAL has been collaborating with the Radin Mas Constituency to organise activities in aid of residents here. In July last year, we held a Clean-A-Home programme for residents at Block 29, Telok Blangah Rise. For the second consecutive year, we are pleased to collaborate with the Radin Mas Constituency once again to organise tonight’s event.
3. 2017, the year of the Rooster is also a very special year for SCAL as we celebrate our 80th anniversary. A series of activities have been scheduled to commemorate our 80th and the Lunar New Year dinner tonight is the first event in line.
4. I would like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to Minister Sam Tan for taking the time to grace this celebration in the midst of his busy schedule. I believe our meaningful collaboration with Radin Mas Constituency will be able to amplify our efforts in giving to make a positive impact in the lives of the elderly and underprivileged.
5. In response to the needs of an ageing population, the government has placed more emphasis on new measures to push for greater inclusivity in our built environment so as to provide the elderly with greater accessibility. It is also heart-warming to know that the government has been doing more to incorporate various social support schemes to help the elderly.
6. As an association for contractors, SCAL will continue to rally our members to step up on their corporate giving and to take a step further, in building a cohesive and caring society in Singapore.
7. May I take this opportunity to thank all the volunteers from the Radin Mas Constituency, SCAL and her subsidiaries in making this celebratory event a success.
8. On this note, I wish you all a happy and prosperous lunar new year! May everyone be blessed with good health and fortune!
祝大家，身体健康， 万事如意！ （ Zhù dà jiā shēn tǐ jiàn kāng wàn shì rú yì ）