Circular No.: WSH/142/10/JT
17 October 2018
Target Zero Falls Campaign 2018: Pledge Your Support for Safe Work at Heights
- The 2nd phase of the National Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) Campaign, Target Zero Falls, focusing on Work At Heights (WAH) safety was launched by Minister of State (MOS) for Manpower, Mr Zaqy Mohamad on 4 October 2018. The Campaign aims to raise WAH safety awareness and the importance of implementing adequate measures to help prevent falls from open sides and fragile surfaces.
- We would like to encourage all members to pledge their support for the Target Zero Falls Campaign by conducting the below activities:
- Conduct a Senior Management WSH Walkabout or Safety Time Out at your company premise or worksite.
- Use the Walkabout or Safety Time Out to review your company’s work processes.
- Conduct risk assessments of your work at heights activities on their potential hazards.
Visit www.wshc.sg/safetytimeout and www.wshc.sg/targetzerofalls for more information.
- Share resources on WSH Council website with employees during the daily toolbox briefing. Resources such as WAH stickers, Take Time to Take Care (Working at Heights) video and WAH Toolkit for Supervisors. Visit www.wshc.sg/targetzerofalls for list of resources.
- Organise a Corporate Mannequin Challenge with your employees. Companies can check out the webpage www.wshc.sg/mannequinchallenge to learn more about organising their own corporate mannequin challenge.
Members can pledge their company’s support for safe working at heights by conducting WSH activities in their company to help prevent falls from open sides and fragile surfaces for your employees. Refer to the Target Zero Falls Campaign 2018 webpage for the list of WSH activities.
Click here to show your support today!