Circular No: WSH/50/03/tl
Call to conduct Traffic Management Safety Time-out Exercise (1 April 2021 – 30 April 2021)
- As construction activities pick up, it is important that we continue to be vigilant against any safety lapses at our worksites.
- As part of our quarterly call for Safety Time-out (STO), The Singapore Contractors Association (SCAL) would like to call upon members to conduct their STO on traffic management at their project sites from 1 April 2021 till 30 April 2021.
- The aim of this exercise is to encourage members to identify potential safety lapses in traffic management and to rectify them promptly. Companies should also take the opportunity to review all aspects of construction safety and risk assessment at their worksites.
- Common lapses on traffic safety are as follows:
- Competency of driver / operator to operate the vehicle/ machinery.
- Leaving of keys in unattended vehicle/ machinery.
- Faulty site automotive equipment, i.e. headlights, hazard lights, braking system, safety belts, mirrors, etc.
- Points where potential collision hazard may occur. E.g. Junction where pedestrian and vehicular movements intersect.
- Click here for checklist developed by the Workplace Safety and Health Council (WSHC) for your reference. This STO exercise should cover key areas such as securing of goods, onsite traffic management and safe driving on roads.
- We strongly encourage all members to participate in this STO exercise to show your commitment in maintaining safe traffic management at worksites
- Kindly complete the online form by clicking here to participate latest by 30 April 2021. Members who have carried out or are planning to conduct their traffic management STO exercises one month prior and after this period are also welcome to submit their participation.
- For further enquiries, kindly contact Ms Lim Tian Lee at 6278 9577 or email email@example.com. We look forward to your active participation and thank you for your commitment.