With the aim to improve productivity and for the industry to move towards a more sustainable construction industry, The Singapore Contractors Association Ltd (SCAL), together with Hexacon Construction Pte Ltd and Mott Macdonald have worked with SP PowerGrid Ltd (SPPG) to produce a Pre-approved Standardised 1 MVA Temporary Electrical Substation Design for Construction Sites.
The Pre-approved Standardised 1 MVA Temporary Electrical Substation Design will serve as a reference for contractors who wishes to use the temporary substation for their projects. With the pre-approved design and layout, the processing time for the submission and review of temporary substation plans will potentially be shorten, provided that no modification is done to this pre-approved design and layout by the applicant. However, the timeline for final approval of the substation will subject to the incoming pipe routing to the temporary substation.
The drawing for the Pre-approved Standardised 1 MVA Temporary Electrical Substation Design is contributed by Mott MacDonald. SCAL would like to thank Mott MacDonald and Hexcon Construction for the contribution and dedication to this initiative.
Terms & Conditions
Please take note of the following T&Cs for the use of Pre-approved Standardised 1 MVA Temporary Electrical Substation Design:
- This design serves as a reference from the typical pre-approved layout and to be developed to a final design to suit the requirement and site conditions.
- Applicants shall nevertheless engage a Licensed Electrical Worker (LEW) to formally endorse their substation plans prior to submission to SPPG.
- This pre-approved layout does not include the provision of incoming pipes and the timeline to approve every submission is dependent on the incoming pipes routing.
- The engaged LEW shall declare on the right side of the drawing (TESS_DR_001 Rev B) that no modification has been made to the pre-approved layout.
- Any modifications made to the pre-approved drawings (TESS_DR_001 Rev B) shall result in longer reviewing process and SP Group reserves the right to reject the modified substation design.
- The submission of the substation plans must comply to any latest published guidelines of SP Group.
- SP Group will review and approve each submission based on the respective application’s requirement and conditions.
- The pre-approved drawing (TESS_DR_001 Rev B) is based on prevailing equipment specifications, SP Group reserves the right to review the substation design as and when required.
- The applicant shall seek approvals from all other relevant authorities for the deployment of the substation on their sites.
- The applicant shall be responsible to ensure that the temporary substation comply with all the necessary regulatory requirements.
Ready for Download
1) Pre-approved Standardised 1 MVA Temporary Electrical Substation Drawing
2) Official endorsement letter by SPPG.
3) dwg file of the pre-approved drawing